Melt in your mouth buttermilk biscuits
- 1 bag / 3cups Barlow's Original Pancake Mix
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed and chilled
- 1/4 cup egg wash
- 1/4 melted butter
- a pinch of salt
- Set oven to 450 degrees, and place your mixing bowl in the freezer approximately 10 -15 minutes prior to using. Do not freeze butter but make sure that it keeps a very cold temperature.
- Cube butter, cut into small squares. Once the mixing bowl is nice and cold pour the Barlow's Original Pancake Mix into the bowl.
- Put butter into the bowl and combine flour and butter with your fingers. The goal is to combine without melting you still want to see pieces of butter.
- Pour buttermilk into the bowl and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Scoop dough onto a floured surface or parchment paper and fold over 3 times.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough about 1" flat and cut out circles to the size of your choice, 2 1/2" is a great size.
- Lay rounds on a non-stick pan or parchment and place in the freezer about 10-15 minutest.
- Pop into the oven for about 15 minutest or until high and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter, sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
When making biscuits you want to keep everything cold for as long as possible.